Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Advertising

creekdog
08-09-2006, 04:09 PM
No wonder Jaguar doesn't sell many cars in the US. Their "Gorgeous" campaign doesn't begin to address the main complaint about Jaguar. The perception is Jaguars have always been gorgeous and sexy, but unreliable. Why they don't push the JD Powers initial quality study is beyond me. They only publish this information for current owners so the general population still thinks Jaguars are junk. Attached is a link to the JD Powers list.http://www.jdpower.com/corporate/news/releases/pressrelease.asp?ID=2006082

rebelreiver
08-10-2006, 12:27 PM
I agree with creekdog. Many of my acquaintances are ignorant of the fact that Jaguar has pretty much overcome it's reliability issues. I am regularly asked how many maintenance and reliability problems my 04 X350 has. They respond with disbelief when I inform them that I have only required the covered scheduled maintenance. I also make a point of asking them which Jaguar they have owned that gave them the bad experience.

Jaguar sends me their e- newsletter which does tout their J.D. Powers survey awards. Jaguar does a good job of "preaching to the choir" but they need to address this issue to the uncommitted buyers considering other brands such as BMW, Lexus etc. They need to establish a positive brand image with the general public.
just my two cents.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index