Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Denny M
08-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Has anyone tried the GM Lookpick on an '07 to watch DVDs while driving? I'd like to buy it, but want to know that it works.

Bernard A
08-16-2006, 10:33 AM
I ordered it last week, still don't have it. I guess they started filling orders on the 11th, I spoke to them and they assured I would get it no later than friday. We will see. At this point I don't recommend paying extra for shipping.

I will keep you posted on the outcome. For now I am going to buy a panel removal kit and be ready to intall.

BTW, I will be isntalling this on a 2007 Escalade ESV white diamond with 22" vogue wheels and tires.

Bernard

bartola
08-23-2006, 11:16 AM
Well, installed after waiting a long time. Here is my review;

- Installation process was straight forward, but be very careful
the trim pieces as they can bend very easy.
- It works as advertised (I have not tried the aux features)

Issues:

- When in 5.1 mode (dvd in motion mode) you can't adjust the volume
- Other (in motion) functions are not unlocked (i.e. dialing still can only be done when stoped or driving below 5 mph)

Otherwise I am happy with the outcome, the price is a bit high considering aftermarket entertainment options, but for a cleaner factory feel, this is the only option.

BernardBernard A.

Escalade007
09-22-2006, 12:38 AM
Actually the phone does dial with mine. Perhaps you need the upgraded version that unlocks nav too or activate the door lock switch to use the phone.

sick of coastal
09-29-2006, 09:46 PM
I placed the order for this damn chip, and they told me they dont have it in stock 7 days after i placed the order???

And i have to wait for 3-4 weeks........why dont you stock up first and then take orders?

Dont waste my time.

Kurtis
10-28-2006, 07:57 AM
Who is the best vender to buy from, what problems have you had, & what price is the lockpick?

Gary S
11-28-2006, 06:48 PM
Same Question. Where do you get it?

taylorre
12-28-2006, 06:24 PM
This is the website to buy the module
http://www.coastaletech.com/GMLOCKPICK.htm

Make sure you get:
THE NEW GM LOCKPICK GEN 2 for $249.00.

I've had it for about a week now, and no problems.

ednagel
04-10-2007, 11:15 AM
I installed the GEN2 GM Lockpick EXACTLY as instructed on a 2007 Escalade ESV manufactured in November of 2006. It worked great for about three days. Then my electrical system started to experience systematic failures (e.g. rear camera needs serviced, low tire warning, ABS warning, oil pressure warning, etc.) until finally two weeks after installing the lockpick the entire electrical system failed except for the climate control. It was like someone turned off the key, but allowed the engine to keep running. I removed the lockpick and everything has worked fine since. I returned the Lockpick to Coastal eTech over a month ago and still haven't received a refund. I tried to access their web site today and it cannot be found. I finally initiated a credit card dispute with my CC company. Don't waste your time on this product. It's a great idea with an extremely poor implementation. Why would you want to ruin your $70,000 vehicle with a $250 item???

Jay Allen
05-02-2007, 09:49 AM
I have the gen2 lockpick installed and have all the problems stated in this thread. Coastaltech now offers gen3 to fix all the problems with gen2 owners - the only problem is coastaltech will not return any emails, phonecalls, and have blocked me from the upgrade on their site.
Be aware that once they got your money they are through with you.

pioneerhs
07-24-2007, 12:00 AM
I ordered It & havent seen it yet. Maybe they aut to call it Pocket Pick. Thats what I feel Like So Far!! I wish someone really had it and I hope they finnally send it and it works!!

david
07-27-2007, 03:36 PM
I was thinking of getting this, but after hearing the ups and downs, I think I will wait. I am going to get the iphone conection that they offer and give that a try. It seems to work great in the video they supply. Anyone else get this?

timmhaines
09-11-2008, 02:24 PM

timmhaines
09-11-2008, 03:26 PM
Finally talked to Kelly at Coastal. Going to install a new lockpick and send the old one back to be tested if its bad as Caddilac says they will reimburse the $440. If Caddilac is wrong and it wasn't the adapter Caddillac will need to cover the bill.If the new one works it will be a relief.we'll see

Sowdawg10
07-24-2009, 04:43 PM
Purchased the GM Lockpick offline. Installed it in my 07 escalade no problem. Then about a week later my battery was dead. The nav system is supposed to be turned completely off once the car is turned off and the key is taken out. Has anyone else had problems with thier battery dieing after installing the Lockpick?

thanks,
Al

cassman
02-21-2011, 11:27 PM
l just ordered the gmx550 lockpick, will let you know when it gets here and its installed.

cassman
02-22-2011, 11:01 AM
has anyone bought the gmx550 lockpick and had it installed?

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index