Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Leonardo
08-24-2006, 05:42 AM
Please post your colour combination and where you are so we can get something going on this board. It would be nice to include a bit about your experience so far so those of us waiting for their coupes can get even more excited! I know it'll take a bit of time as not that many M's and Coupes have been delivered, but I always had a good time on the Z3 Coupe board where there were many cars and I'm sure this board will become the same over time. I'm still waiting for my M Coupe, arrival sheduled for Jan 07 (Imola Red/Imola Red, Carbon Leather and a few other options).

mikemcn
08-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Ti Silver with black interior. 3.0Si coupe, not M.
So far everything is great. I've done one trip two hours each way and one 8 hours each way. The short trip was fast and fine, the longer trip began to wear on me a bit. I think 6-7 hours is about my limit in this car -- for a longer drive I really want a 5 or 7 series.

I am completely comfortable with the visibility. I do wish the car had UGDO. I use a Magellan navigation system so I don't miss the BMW one, although the screen would be nice for Bluetooth phone and iPod operation.

This weekend we'll wash it properly, apply a couple of coats of wax, and then Tuesday start the drive to homecoming.

Mike Mc
SE Michigan

E60
08-24-2006, 05:58 PM

Andrew
08-24-2006, 08:44 PM
train somewhere between Spartenburg and Vancouver, BC!

Roland
08-25-2006, 01:29 AM
Interlagos Blue/Extended Black Leather/Carbon/all options.

Manufactured on 7/26. Currently in transit from Spartanburg to Seattle.

BavarianRescue
08-25-2006, 10:35 AM
BavarianRescue
Used Parts for Vintage BMW's
Eureka, Ca.

mikemcn
08-25-2006, 04:58 PM
Well, I can't say I really notice it. I do drive in "sport" mode all the time, which is supposed to improve the feel of the steering and throttle response. I get plenty of feedback - but then again our roads are awful so it doesn't take much to give that feedback!

In fast driving and cornering, on the street, the feel and feedback of the steering is fine. No complaints.

I haven't taken this car to the track myself, but my wife and son both have (at Octoberfest), and neither had anything but grins.

The total car experience is so different from our Z3 and X3 (and the ten prior BMWs we've been through) that the steering doesn't stand out. If I had a Z4 coupe without electronic steering to compare with, I might have more to say.

Mike Mc

Roland
08-31-2006, 12:58 AM
Just got confirmation that my car got to the California VPC yesterday and is scheduled to leave there bound for Seattle on Friday 9/1...hope to have it sometime late next week!

Arsenic
08-31-2006, 01:28 AM
and I'm going bat**** already. Off to the dealer Saturday to check out a Z-4 Coupe (non M) on the showroom floor in my color combos (Interlagos, Extended Nappa Light, and Maderia). Just to make sure its right for me....plus the 150 mile round trip in the SMG isn't so bad.

Your's is so close you can probably sense it....65' GP Sprite
01' 530i Sport
06' M3 SMG
07' Z4 M Coupe
Ugly Nissan Work Truck

Roland
08-31-2006, 01:53 AM
I know the feeling - I drove a non-M coupe on June 29th. Put my order in and money down on July 1. Looks like it'll be just a bit over 2 months (not nearly as long as most folks have had to wait).

FWIW - IL Blue is beautiful, but it won't be on the non-M coupe you see as IL Blue is an "M" color only. It has a slightly more purplish tint to it than the closest blue on base coupes.

Roland
09-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Showed up on the truck today!!! I get it early next week after they prep it, install the alarm and put on the clear bra. Meanwhile, it is in their warehouse a few blocks away from the showroom with instructions for it not to be driven or mucked with beyond the absolute minimum needed for prepping. My salesman even put a fun sign on the dashboard so the warehouse guys don't mess with it "Do not touch!". I even got to go down to the warehouse and take some pics of it an hour ago before it is prepped :-).

Chassis #260 - IL BLue/Black Extended/Carbon/All options

Roland
09-08-2006, 01:15 AM
It is FANTASTIC!! I have put a whopping 20 miles on it already :-)

mikemcn
09-08-2006, 09:44 AM
and doing great. Just returned from Roadster Homecoming in SC, lots of fun and lots of miles with the side trips, etc.

No oil use at all, no other fluid issues, no loss of air pressure in the tires, zip. Just no problems of any mechanical nature.

I have managed to beat it up, especially the front bumper/fascia by various road debris flying around. Probably will replace the nose after winter, when more beating is anticipated. Also picked up a very minor door ding on the passenger door, but it can be repaired and will be when I do the nose.

iPod interface is fine for the long drives. Our longest now is over 10 hours (with several stops) and I don't fatigue as much as I expected. Probably could comfortably go 12-14 hours in a day, but wouldn't want to do that two days in a row (getting old).

Best mileage was over 34 mpg on a tank of gas, about half of the tank the A/C was off and the speeds were 60ish for part of that run - but there were climbs and twisties. Average for the car is approaching 30mpg with some track use pulling the average down. Over the past 2,000 miles we've been consistently over 30 mpg. Always running premium fuel.

Love the car. No regrets.

Mike Mc
'06 Z4 Coupe

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index