Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

'01Ti//Mster/TX
09-04-2006, 01:40 PM

Roland
09-04-2006, 01:59 PM
If I was thinking about looking for a ditch-digger/back-hoe, this article *might* be of interest. Unfortunately, it was published under the guise of a review of the Z4MC... Anyone whose seen Clarkson on TopGear, knows he loves the Cayman and loathes the Z4, so I'm not disappointed or surprised by his strong negative opinions on the car. I am VERY unimpressed by the way that he decided to meet his apparent word quota with completely irrelevant material about his experiences moving dirt around at his house.

Andrew
09-04-2006, 04:06 PM
I meant seriously, that rant was way out of bounds...I really think his credibility goes out the window with the 90% ditch digger reference especially when all other write ups have been very flattering of the M Coupe.

At least you'll know in a few days; wonder where my car is?

daktarz
09-04-2006, 05:59 PM
First off, Clarkson doesn't love the Cayman - he makes fun of it constantly. The Cayman owner's club is, as a whole, pretty miffed by it. There's no love from him for the vehicle. Second, the article is classic Clarkson. His whole shtick is to have some highly irrelevant subject as the lead subject and only slowly segue to the actual car under review. What I've noticed is that the more he dislikes a car, the less space he tends to devote to it.

Roland
09-04-2006, 11:54 PM
I asked about your car when I was at my dealership - they didn't know if it was on the truck with my car or not. I gotta' believe it'll be there soon!!

Roland
09-04-2006, 11:56 PM
I stand corrected. It wasn't the Cayman I saw him gushing over, it was the Boxster...but his gushing was at the expense of (in contrast to) the Z4.

It is a bizarre writing style -more an opportunity to fill space than to discuss the subject car. This was the first of his written reviews I have seen - just seen quite a few TopGear videos with him in them in the past.

Leonardo
09-05-2006, 07:06 AM
I like to watch his show, but for me it's mostly entertainment with a few nice cars thrown in. And for his style he needs to be very outspoken, otherwise it would be about the car and not about him. So i think we can just all relax and see his comments more as part of a "soap" than a very serious, fair and analytical road test....

pimbeche
09-07-2006, 12:54 AM
he must be right!

Arsenic
09-07-2006, 11:19 PM
His biggest whine was that the traction control light flickers when he puts his foot into the loud pedal...well, I don't know about you, but when I want performance the traction control light is off. He sounded amaturish, and should be forgotten.65' GP Sprite
01' 530i Sport
06' M3 SMG
07' Z4 M Coupe
Ugly Nissan Work Truck

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index