Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Performance in Snow

Sas123
09-20-2006, 12:50 PM
I am seriously thinking about getting a CLS. I was wondering if anyone here can comment on how practical/impractical this car is on snowy days.

I had M5 BMW a few years back and it frustrated the heck out me anytime
there was a little snow on the ground. I understand this is not meant for that condition but average performance on the snow is much better than sitting or wavering and watching all Honda Civics zoom by ;)

M 6 HH
10-02-2006, 06:18 AM
Mine is 350 tyre is 245 45 17, in fresh snow, no problem but you have to disconect asr esp button to start and select 2 or 3 in the auto box,

bullitt4248
03-04-2007, 05:31 AM
I have a 2006 C230ZW - This car cant get out of the driveway with the factory tires if there is even wet snow on the ground. The dealer has only offered to sell me new tires at $1200. four four and $26.00 a piece mounting charge. I cant believe Mercedes of Buffalo would brag about "Safety and Snow Control"
I had to use my wifes Subaru to pull it out of our yard.It just palin embarassing!

J.Marrone
03-24-2007, 12:03 AM
I have been looking to buy a CLS550 and have been thinking it cant be all that great in the snow. I have a Jaguar S-type now thats absolutely horrible in the snow. I know the Cls must have some sort of suspension improvements but still doesnt make the car "all wheel drive". I know its a performance based car, but why not offer it in 4-matic anyway?

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index