Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

minty
09-25-2006, 08:46 AM
Hi,

I have a CLK320 2000 and once it didn't start and I let it rest for a while then it did and yesterday I was stuck in a traffic jam and its suddenly cut out and wouldn't start for a while. I think it gets over heated and the fan does not cut in and the engine turns off. I was wondering what temperature the fan should kick in at?? Also has anyone else had this problem and anyone know how much it would cost to get it fixed?? Thanks

Minty

FELLOW
03-03-2007, 05:50 PM
Sounds like the crank shaft sensor....would advise Mobilo Life on 0800800644 (MB own version of RAC/Green Flag) if U have full SH. Otherwise run down to indie...plug in diagnostics to rule out MAF sensor ..if not on diagnostic try changing the CSS (approx. part cost 30) with fitting time of 10-20mins ..akward as unsighted at rear of engine

try looking at www.forums.mercedesclub.org.uk

for more Merc advise ..good look My CLK 320 is now running fine ...hope U have no rust

dwrees
08-16-2007, 10:13 PM
For the benefit of any others with this problem it turned out to be the crankshaft position sensor, apparently a relatively common problem on CLK's. Cost was about $250 to replace, not counting the towing bills and aggravation.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index