Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Navigation 2001 XJ8

rcpeters
10-27-2006, 02:06 PM
I searched this forum for info on the OEM & aftermarket navigation systems but did not find an answer to this question:

My 2001 XJ8 did not come with the navigation option but it appears that the car may have some capability that could be used with an add on. For example the small display. Is the display usable with aftermarket GPS systems? Is it a monochome only display or did it display color screens with the Jaguar OEM unit that goes in the trunk? What cabling comes with the vehicle for GPS systems? Could the NAV button be used to switch the display between the Jaguar menus and a GPS unit?

Another ever try to add a Jaguar GPS unit from another Jaguar vehicle to a 2001 XJ8?

Albsterama
11-09-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm just curious...why not just spend the money in an external GPS navigation system like Tom Tom or Garmin, instead of an incar one ?

Also, nowadays even the mobile phones come with voice and display navigation.

Just trying to suggest some alternate solution.

Cheers,
Albsterama

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index