Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

vinnymin
01-27-2007, 09:08 PM
I have a Business CD stereo and am planning to put in the Drive + Play ipod system. How difficult is it to pull the dash face off and remove the stereo. Also where can I find instructions on pulling off the dash and the console.

Any experience with the Drive + Play? Thanks.

mikeinny
02-07-2007, 10:45 AM
I have scans of the instructions for installing the aux input in a Z4. First you remove the vent by sliding a firm plastic card or other tool above the vents. After remvoing the vent, you can get at the radio.

It's not too hard; I did it at delivery back in '04 on my Z4 3.0. Last week when I picked up my M Roadster I made the dealer switch it over. It's a bit nerve-wracking though (never want to scratch the dash or fascia).

Email me if you want me to send you the scans.http://members.roadfly.org/mikeinny/Z4Sig+copy.jpg

peterj
03-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi Mike,

Thanks for the post. I would appreciate the scans and any info you have on making the connection. I picked up a leftover '06 last month and want to integrate the MP3 player in my Garmin GPS.

Thanks again,

Pete Fontneau

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index