Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

wgsrls
01-30-2007, 02:16 PM
So I've got my 3rd on the way (99-Imola, 01-White, now a 07-White...after shopping for a used MC, decided new was better after some real seat time). Only question I have is whether anyone's had a gas gauge issue like the one mentioned in Car & Driver. They said the car ran out of gas twice with 1\8th of a tank and 40 miles left on range. Just an anomoly or has anyone else experienced the same?

Thanks in advance.

mikemcn
01-30-2007, 08:10 PM
Mine's a 3.0Si, not the M. And I try to fill when it gets around 1/2 - especially in winter. But I've taken it pretty low a couple of times with no problem.

Why would you take that chance in everyday driving - just fill when it gets to 1/4 or a bit higher...

Mike Mc

Leonardo
01-31-2007, 05:10 AM

morecarl
01-31-2007, 07:40 AM
I've had the low fuel warning light come on a couple of times (earlier than I expected it to). Computer indicated 50 mile range when it lit up. I gassed it up right away.

RStradford
01-31-2007, 09:58 PM

Roland
02-02-2007, 02:38 AM
There was a thread on this situation earlier this week on **********. Turns out the gastank/fuelpump on the test car had been improperly installed. It was fixed after the test. Most of us MCoupe owners have noted the warning light comes on at 1/4 of a tank...but the car will not run out of gas before the gauge registers empty. The dashboard computer is accurate - if it says you have 50 miles left..you have 50 miles left.

wgsrls
02-02-2007, 05:17 PM

raysmz4
03-13-2007, 09:31 PM
I did not think I would respond here ,but I figured i share some information. I personally did the repair the actual C&D test car,I ended up replacing the entire fuel tank due to the incorrect mounting of the fuel pickups.my dealer bought 2 Mcoupes that were "press" cars. the silver grey Mcoupe and Motortrend's interlagos blue MZ4coupe. My coworker now owns the C&D car and bought the IB Mcoupe. As far as I know ,this coupe with the fuel problem is one of a kind,I would not let it scare you guys.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index