Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

churmsk
02-03-2007, 10:24 PM
I just picked up a 2004 XJ8 last week and love the car, however, when it is turned off it settles significantly within 1-2 hrs to the point that the top of the tires are hidden under the fenders.

It settles more at the front then the rear and looks odd. That being said, it does rise to it's full level once the car is unlocked.

Can anyone tell me if this is normal?

Cheers,

Steve

churmsk
02-04-2007, 09:21 PM
I think that my car may have answered the question. Today there is an amber "air suspension fault" light on the display.

Suspect that something is amiss.

RHankey
02-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Even without the fault, I would say it is pretty certain that you had a leak in the air suspension system, masked by the air pump working harder than it is intended while the car is running. In the event that it's not too late, I'd get it serviced promptly, else you risk burning out the pump.

Churmsk
03-20-2007, 09:06 PM
Completely correct. It was a leak in the compressor assembly and Jag replaced it under warranty. Though it took a long time to find the leak, I am happy that they took their time and found the issue.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index