Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Michael Longneneker
01-31-2000, 03:23 PM
www.firstfives.org has been around for at least a couple of years. dunno why there isn't just a link instead of trying to steal the name of an established (and excellent site).

Bill Minder
01-31-2000, 03:49 PM
I am deeply in debt to the original First Fives site. Does Bimmer.org even know they exist?

Alan
01-31-2000, 03:55 PM
<i>: www.firstfives.org has been around for at least a couple of years. dunno why there isn't just a link instead of trying to steal the name of an established (and excellent site).</i><p>I would have emailed you privately about this, but you didn't post an email address.<p>I personally am not familiar with the E12, having never owned one. Over the last few months, we have received several emails asking us to add a "first fives" section to bimmer.org. From these emails, I assumed that was the common name people used to describe the E12, much like "Senior Six" for the E3.<p>The only reason this message board was added was due to requests--it isn't like we have anything to sell E12 owners or have anything to gain from them. I'm sorry if adding this board offended anyone.<p>If you would like to suggest what the E12s are commonly called besides "first fives", I would be happy to rename the board appropriately. It is not my intention to steal the name of any site.<p><br>--Alan

Troy Rudolph
01-31-2000, 05:05 PM
By all means, have an E12 group. No problem. <p>But First Fives is an official special interest group with which you are not associated. Call yours the E12 group. All your others are named that way.<p>The First Fives group has been going on for about three years now. It started with a site at U Wisconsin. When that folded, Greg Szczyrbak picked up the ball. Various names were bandied about and First Fives was chosen. <p>E12s have never been referred to as "First Fives" except by our group!

Alan
01-31-2000, 05:21 PM
<i>: By all means, have an E12 group. No problem. <p>: But First Fives is an official special interest group with which you are not associated. Call yours the E12 group. All your others are named that way.<p>: The First Fives group has been going on for about three years now. It started with a site at U Wisconsin. When that folded, Greg Szczyrbak picked up the ball. Various names were bandied about and First Fives was chosen. <p>: E12s have never been referred to as "First Fives" except by our group!</i><p>Thanks very much for the clarification! I just assumed from the requests I got that everyone called the E12s the first fives. I apologize for using the name of another site. I'm replacing references on this site to "First Fives" with "5-series E12" right now.<p><br>--Alan

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index