Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

PeterL
02-01-2000, 12:02 PM
Hello e12ers and first fivers,<p>I am an '02 pilot and general BMW enthusiast. I just started checking out this board and the "official" First Five board, and I really have to comment on the state of things. <p>Flame away if you must, but this is a really freaking petty arguement. Those "First Fivers" who are crying about the stealing of their name are acting like petulant children. You should be proud that your name, and it is rather catchy, is being put into wider circulation. Those of us who love and drive older Bimmers should encourage wider recognition of our cars. The '02s are pretty solidly set in their status. The early 5s, on the other hand, do not get nearly the attention they deserve. As far as I'm concerned, this board can only enhance the other, as long as petty eogs are left out.<p>Band together! Save the marque from Rice-boy wanna-bes in their new 3s and the noveau-riche who have no concept or desire to care for the history of what I consider to be the finest cars on the road!<p>My other car is an e28 528e. I would trade it in a heartbeat for a First Five. <p>Just my humble opinion.<p>PeterL

Dave
02-01-2000, 12:35 PM
"First Five" should be a term of pride, not a copyright or trademark crybabyfest. <p>Don't bite the hand that feeds you, folks.<p>-Dave<br>'74 3.0s 'Senior Six' (on the way to the yard)<br>ex '76 2002 'First BMW' ;)

Todd R
02-02-2000, 10:46 PM
I want to explain the defensiveness of the guys from first fives. We are a pretty tight group even though most of us have never met each other. The reason for this is because of the lack of respect the cars that we love to drive and maintain are given. Most of your bmw clubs tell us we are wasting our time with the E-12 and we should abandon them for something else. So we are kinda quick to lash out. I agree with you and now so does almost everyone on the first fives board. Anybody who wants to devote time and board space to these great cars I'll back 100%. Thanks <p> Todd R. 80' 528i<br> <p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><br><i>: "First Five" should be a term of pride, not a copyright or trademark crybabyfest. <p>: Don't bite the hand that feeds you, folks.<p>: -Dave<br>: '74 3.0s 'Senior Six' (on the way to the yard)<br>: ex '76 2002 'First BMW' ;)<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index