Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : e12 head/valve timing

tom richards
02-12-2000, 06:56 PM
After putting the head back on ,according to haynes manual, the engine cannot be rotated with out contacting #6intake. I try to rotate it back and I have contact with #6 exhaust valve.it make me confused,because the flywheel mark is at the right spot when,#1 piston is top dead center.every thing looks wright ,but I known it's wrong,cam timing must be way off.Can someone help me with a drawing or picture.Need to get this car back on the road.Its to much fun to drive .thanks anyone

Karl Koenig
02-16-2000, 11:55 PM
First, understand that when piston #1 is at TDC, #6 is also at TDC--but #1 will be at ignition position/start of the power stroke (both valves closed) and #6 will be at the end of the exhaust/beginning of the intake stroke. #6 should have both valves slightly open--this is called overlap. If you're hitting a valve with #6 piston, your timing is not right, but close. Timing chain may be off by just one tooth. Recheck it all.<p>Good luck

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index