Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Bill Barrett
03-19-2000, 10:21 AM
I have been struggling with a stumbling, low power, rich running,L-tronic 3.2 liter (in my 78 633. After rounding up "the usual suspects" no luck. Closer inspection however revealed the casing on the TDC sensor had worn through, and copper wires from in side the sensor were coming out of the casing and touching the pick up wheel. <br>Clearly the sensor needs to be replaced. Is Ltronic dependent upon the use of the TDC sensor as a reference, could this be it?<p>Thank you,<p>Bill

WH
03-19-2000, 05:24 PM
<i>: I have been struggling with a stumbling, low power, rich running,L-tronic 3.2 liter (in my 78 633. After rounding up "the usual suspects" no luck. Closer inspection however revealed the casing on the TDC sensor had worn through, and copper wires from in side the sensor were coming out of the casing and touching the pick up wheel. <br>: Clearly the sensor needs to be replaced. Is Ltronic dependent upon the use of the TDC sensor as a reference, could this be it?<p>: Thank you,<p>: Bill<p></i><p>Nope. The TDC is not even used for the l-jet fuel system. The TDC is there to hook to a BMW diagnostic tester mainly to set the correct distributor ignition timing. <p>It would not affect the fuel system at all.<p>As with most stumbling, low power problems you should start w/the basics.<p>adjust valves<br>check and gap spark plugs<br>check cap and rotor<br>check ignition wires for correct resistance<br>adjust ignition timing to spec<p>Once you're sure the ignition is working correctly then start looking for vacuum leaks. If you find none then adjust the AFM to the proper CO2 mixture.<p>If all that fails --check the fuel regulator for proper operation and then start pulling injectors. You may have a couple clogged/fouled ones which can easily cause poor running/stumbling if they are misfiring etc.<p><br>WH<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index