Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : MORE POWER

Paras
04-27-2000, 12:34 PM
Help me please find more power out of my 528i<br>Any ideas will be viewed.<br>Thank you for your help .....

Ken
04-27-2000, 07:51 PM
<i>: Help me please find more power out of my 528i<br>: Any ideas will be viewed.<br>: Thank you for your help .....<p></i>Transplant a 3.5l in that puppy. 50 more horses and loads of torque!

Karl
05-03-2000, 06:29 PM
<i>: Help me please find more power out of my 528i<br>: Any ideas will be viewed.<br>: Thank you for your help .....<p></i><br>All the basic hot rod tricks will work.<br>1. tune up -- including valve adjustment. Also check all hoses for vacuum leaks.<br>2. advance the ignition. I normally set mine to the factory mark at 1800rpm instead of 2200.<br>3. more fuel. Engines tend to get lean over time because blowby amounts to air in the engine that does not go through the air flow meter. You can adjust the mixture back to correct by easing some spring tension on the AFM barn door. You get at the spring by removing the black plastic cover on the bottom. Don't move it too much, because a rich mixture will burn out the cat.<p>Those tweaks are free, and will gain a little power. Anything more requires real money, more than a slightly used 3.5liter engine. I put in the 3.5--there's still no substitute for cubes--whether inches or cc. ;-)

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index