Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jeff Becker
05-04-2000, 07:26 AM
Has anyone here ever put a glasspack behind a big six M30 engine? I have a set of them on my truck behind a pair of headers. 351ci = 5.77L divided by 2(dual exhaust)=2.88L flowing through each. More than likely capable of more flow. Without the muffler, the cat alone brings the M30 sound down to a loud low pitch drone. I like the note and tone of the sound but need to cut out decibels. The stock muffler (before it rusted out) was too high pitched brappy raspberry sounding - made it sound tinny like a British or Rice Burner car! Ach Du Liber Gut Himmel! NO YO BOY PIPES !!! <br>

WH
05-04-2000, 10:20 PM
<i>: Has anyone here ever put a glasspack behind a big six M30 engine? I have a set of them on my truck behind a pair of headers. 351ci = 5.77L divided by 2(dual exhaust)=2.88L flowing through each. More than likely capable of more flow. Without the muffler, the cat alone brings the M30 sound down to a loud low pitch drone. I like the note and tone of the sound but need to cut out decibels. The stock muffler (before it rusted out) was too high pitched brappy raspberry sounding - made it sound tinny like a British or Rice Burner car! Ach Du Liber Gut Himmel! NO YO BOY PIPES !!! <p></i><p>I have a standard glass pack muffler on my euro 528i daily driver. No cat, and 2.5" pipe from stahl headers to the muffler. It makes a nice medium tone sound. I would not recommend it for street use as it is much louder than the stock system.<p>Also my British cars have a nice deep distinctive exhaust note. Nothing like a rice burner.<p>WH

Karl Koenig
05-08-2000, 09:40 PM
I'm using a glasspak as a resonator, sounds cool. But I have a sort of unique system -- '89 3.5 engine, including exhaust manifolds and dual cats, then a 2-in/1-out Borla muffler right behind the cats, and the glasspak under the trunk. Started without that glasspak and it was way too loud (even for me) ;-)

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index