Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm the unique owner of a 518 onthis board

Max
05-10-2000, 04:37 AM
Actually it's the old family car which for some strange reason still sits in my parent's garage. <p>We still use it from time to time. Done 75k miles on it, engine ok but needs some pampering:<br>scratch on a-b pillars from a *jerk* with a big truck, one rear light cracked, seats need replacing at front.<p>Otherwise in good shape, no rust *at all* and I wonder if it has any value or will have in the future!<p>Rgds :-)

turk
07-03-2000, 10:58 PM
Max, I'm seldom on this board (business first, play later) but couldn't help but respond to your comments. I've had a '73 520, 4cyl (a well used track car and now gone) and currently own a '78 520, 2l, 6cyl, among others. <br>Since I don't know where you are(in the world) I can't comment on the value except to say that with the incredible increase in value of Bimmmer in general maybe we're sitting on one of those 'collectibles'. For many, many years the Isetta was ignored as one of BMW's mistakes. Now you can't find one to buy without a handful of cash.<br>Who knows, maybe we've got goldmine in the garage. <br>Hey, its a BMW who cares! Ciao, Ted<p><p><p><br><i>: Actually it's the old family car which for some strange reason still sits in my parent's garage. <p>: We still use it from time to time. Done 75k miles on it, engine ok but needs some pampering:<br>: scratch on a-b pillars from a *jerk* with a big truck, one rear light cracked, seats need replacing at front.<p>: Otherwise in good shape, no rust *at all* and I wonder if it has any value or will have in the future!<p>: Rgds :-)<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index