Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jeff Becker
05-25-2000, 06:59 AM
OK, I know this may sound strange, but I also know what goes on at judged car shows. Should I save my thermal reactors, air pump, and other smog parts for someone doing a "concourse" restoration? I know that, at car shows, old Detroit iron is **** about having original factory paint dabs and grease pencil marks under the hood. BMW enthusiasts seem to be more practical and thus performance oriented. What about the need for these in tough emissions states like California or New Jersey? I will be scrapping these items this weekend unless someone claims them with postage. <br> - Jeff

WH
05-25-2000, 03:48 PM
<i>: OK, I know this may sound strange, but I also know what goes on at judged car shows. Should I save my thermal reactors, air pump, and other smog parts for someone doing a "concourse" restoration? I know that, at car shows, old Detroit iron is **** about having original factory paint dabs and grease pencil marks under the hood. BMW enthusiasts seem to be more practical and thus performance oriented. What about the need for these in tough emissions states like California or New Jersey? I will be scrapping these items this weekend unless someone claims them with postage. <br>: - Jeff<p></i><p>It is possible someone might need the stuff. I doubt that many BMW owners are doing concours restorations of 75-77 year cars, but who knows??<p>Do a post on the "other" E12 BB. Someone may bite.<p>WH<br>

Bob
05-27-2000, 02:23 AM
<i>: OK, I know this may sound strange, but I also know what goes on at judged car shows. Should I save my thermal reactors, air pump, and other smog parts for someone doing a "concourse" restoration? I know that, at car shows, old Detroit iron is **** about having original factory paint dabs and grease pencil marks under the hood. BMW enthusiasts seem to be more practical and thus performance oriented. What about the need for these in tough emissions states like California or New Jersey? I will be scrapping these items this weekend unless someone claims them with postage. <br>: - Jeff<p></i>-------------------------------------------<br>I cannot imagine anyone would want to put a thermal reactor on anything. I also don't think anyone will ever judge a US ugly bumper 530i at any show ever (but I was sure that the Ford Focus was a joke), or would grade lower because the owner wasn't trying to get under 15mpg or trying to crack his (engine) head.<p>I am always surprised what sells on ebay, but personally I'd trash the crap.<p>Bob

Bill Riblett
05-27-2000, 08:16 PM
<i>: </i>Another more likely possibility is that someone may need them to pass an emissions test. Virginia keeps going back and forth. They just changed again, but still require testing for cars less than 25 years old in some areas.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index