Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

momofn
06-15-2001, 06:50 PM
Hi. Can you tell me how the 528i handles in rain and snow? I know that rear wheel drive vehicles tend to spin out if they've got no traction control, but what about the 528s with traction control? The one I'm looking at doesn't have the stability traction control (what's the difference) or any kind of dynamic traction control. Does the plain TC help? I'm not talking heavy snow, but some and plenty of rain. Thanks a lot.

Karl
06-18-2001, 05:21 PM
<i><br>Hi. Can you tell me how the 528i handles in rain and snow? I know that rear wheel drive vehicles tend to spin out if they've got no traction control, [snip]<br></i><br>You're talking to early cars here--none have traction control other than the driver's trained reflexes. Go to a drivers' school and learn your car's limits with the help of an instructor. Get tires that meet your driving needs and the car will not tend to spin out--unless you really goose the throttle. Try that at the school too, and you will learn that these cars drive sideways just fine. I think it's sort of fun, actually. You can be totally in control and look really badd. ;-)

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index