Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Trevor
06-19-2001, 04:00 PM
Last year the AC. shop mech. broke my condenser at the hose connector, while attempting to replace one of the hoses. After spending tons of money, on a rebuilt compressor/hoses etc, I could not afford a new condenser. Is there an after-market substitute thats workable for my car? I'm hoping to find a replacement thats inexpensive, without compromising the AC. performance. Any ideas will be appreciated. Bklyn, NYC.

Mike W.
06-20-2001, 01:37 AM
Condensers are kind of generic, if it fits and the hoses attach without leaking it will work. However, the newer all aluminum ones seem to work significantly better and if there isn't a way to either attach or independently mount the auxillary fan close your A/C performance will be poor unless you're moving at a moderate speed. I don't think they deal with E-12's much but you might try Bimmerworld, short of the do it yourself junkyards they seem to be the cheapest.<br>Mike W.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index