Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

AJ
07-04-2001, 03:37 PM
I have a 528i and the time has come for a rebuild. My engine has finally died :( The question is what should I rebuild? the 2.8L or a 3.5L? I have a Euro 4-barrel carb setup for the 3.5 so converting should be easy enough. (No fuel injection or computers to worry about) <br> Which engine will give me the most bangs for the buck also taking into consideration the weight differences of the engines.<br> Right now I'm leaning toward the 3.5 and considering stroking it to a 3.8 any ideas on this?<br> Thanks to all who reply,<br>AJ

oldkid
07-13-2001, 08:05 AM
<i><br>If you already have the 3.5 motor, and were going to do the equivilent work on the 2.8, GO WITH THE 3.5! Leave the emplems on the car so the mustangs think they got smoked by the 2.8, or beter yet, put the 528e emblem on it so those of us think it is the crappy eta engine... :)<p><br> I have a 528i and the time has come for a rebuild. My engine has finally died :( The question is what should I rebuild? the 2.8L or a 3.5L? I have a Euro 4-barrel carb setup for the 3.5 so converting should be easy enough. (No fuel injection or computers to worry about) <br> Which engine will give me the most bangs for the buck also taking into consideration the weight differences of the engines.<br> Right now I'm leaning toward the 3.5 and considering stroking it to a 3.8 any ideas on this?<br> Thanks to all who reply,<br>AJ<p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index