Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Bmw 530i
07-08-2001, 06:59 PM
I just bought a working bimmer from a friend that had been sitting arround for six mounths and i emptied the gas out and now it doesnt work. It gets spark and it floods. It doesnt even start or even fire. Could someone help!

Derek
07-11-2001, 08:50 AM
You may have seized your fuel pump. With a roller cell fuel pump, the fuel provides lubrication to the moving parts in the pump. If you ran it completely dry, you may have seized it. If your 76 BMW is a pre 08/76 production date then the pump is very expensive. The part number for the Bosch fuel pump is (0 580 364 002) and ranges in price from $365 to about $554 depending on where <br>you look. If you have a 08/76 production date or later the part number is (0 580 464 013). This pump is consederably cheaper; about $250-$300.<br>However, before you make the big purchase, have a qualified technician test your fuel delivery system as it may be something simpler, such as the points. Good luck with your car.<br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index