Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Derek
07-11-2001, 04:49 PM
Hi,<br>Has anyone out there removed their front driver-side quarter <br>panel on a 76 530i? From what I can see, it looks fairly simple. Do I need to remove the front bumper? What is the best way to remove those corrugated rubber side pieces from<br>the sides of the bumper without damaging them? Are there any hidden bolts holding the quarter panel in place and if so, where are they located? I appreciate any advice or tips on this little job.<br>Thanks in advance.

Lars PNW 81_528ick
07-11-2001, 05:14 PM
I understand from previous posts that you can easily get to all the bolts holding the panel on, but that the sealant that is used under the top row of bolts, running the length of the panel, is a real bear to get loose. The rail just alongside it makes it difficult to slide some sort of cutter under the seam and cut the sealant. Other than that, it looks pretty straight forward. There have been a number of previous posts to this effect.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index