Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jeremiah
07-07-1999, 04:01 PM
Anyone done this? What pistons might be good for use?<br>Is it possible to keep the 1.8 head? Or must the injection be the early type and throw on an E21 or earlier?<p>Can the intake manifold from an ealry be retrofitted to the fuel distributor etc from a late(80-83) K-jet system? Any improvement in flow? Possible head arrangement would then be limited to any of the M10 heads correct?<p>Thanks, let's livin up guys, I know we are all here and we are all alive.<p>Jeremiah Grover

ljp
07-07-1999, 08:22 PM
<i>: Anyone done this? What pistons might be good for use?<br>: Is it possible to keep the 1.8 head? Or must the injection be the early type and throw on an E21 or earlier?<p>: Can the intake manifold from an ealry be retrofitted to the fuel distributor etc from a late(80-83) K-jet system? Any improvement in flow? Possible head arrangement would then be limited to any of the M10 heads correct?<p>: Thanks, let's livin up guys, I know we are all here and we are all alive.<p>: Jeremiah Grover<p></i><p>Hi there.<p>My understanding is that the 1.8 head flows well, and you want to keep it if you can. I often hear of a 2 liter crank in a 1.8, but I rarely (if ever) hear of replacing a 1.8 head with an E21 or earlier head. But then again, I'm in CA where if you have the 1.8, you can't go to an earlier head an stay emmissions legal.<p>Check out:<br>http://silkpresence.com/BMW/engine/Late320i-2.0l-conversion.html<p>It will give you some information on rod-piston-head compatibility issues, though not precisely the S14 into M10 information you want.<p>Hope this helps a little. I know from the 02 board that you are way beyond me on these issues.<p>At least someone responded, right? ;)<p>ljp

ari
07-07-1999, 10:00 PM
<br>Contact: Eric Kerman <p>Long Island , NY <p> Telephone: 516 676 1157 <br> E-mail: EDK40@AOL.com <br> Tell him that Ari with the 325i 2.7 liter gave you the info and sent you

Jeremiah
07-07-1999, 10:22 PM
Really I am only trying to keep up with those who are sick race/engine/power freaks(all BMW) or who can't afford a Bimmer fast enough already. Sort of a product of my environment, but it keeps me on my toes informed on the best upgrades for my tuning skills,money,and preferences.<p>Jeremiah Grover<br>70 2002(retired early)<br>83 320iS<br>71 R75/5

Jeremiah
07-07-1999, 10:24 PM
I take it he has this in an M10 engine of his.<br>JG<p><i>: <br>: Contact: Eric Kerman <p>: Long Island , NY <p>: Telephone: 516 676 1157 <br>: E-mail: EDK40@AOL.com <br>: Tell him that Ari with the 325i 2.7 liter gave you the info and sent you<p></i>

Rick Orton
07-16-1999, 08:06 AM
<i>: Anyone done this? What pistons might be good for use?<br>: Is it possible to keep the 1.8 head? Or must the injection be the early type and throw on an E21 or earlier?<p>: Can the intake manifold from an ealry be retrofitted to the fuel distributor etc from a late(80-83) K-jet system? Any improvement in flow? Possible head arrangement would then be limited to any of the M10 heads correct?<p>: Thanks, let's livin up guys, I know we are all here and we are all alive.<p>: Jeremiah Grover<p></i>

Richard Otron
07-16-1999, 08:11 AM
<i>: : Anyone done this? What pistons might be good for use?<br>: : Is it possible to keep the 1.8 head? Or must the injection be the early type and throw on an E21 or earlier?<p>: : Can the intake manifold from an ealry be retrofitted to the fuel distributor etc from a late(80-83) K-jet system? Any improvement in flow? Possible head arrangement would then be limited to any of the M10 heads correct?<p>: : Thanks, let's livin up guys, I know we are all here and we are all alive.<p>: : Jeremiah Grover<p>you can use an earlier block 320i 75-78 2.0 block with 1.8 head, I have heard of this and have found a 2.0 for my 82 320i.<br>That is what my plans are<br>You can stroke it to 2.1 <br></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index