Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

60ms
05-04-2007, 06:33 AM
Hello there.

Have made my mind up to get a 430 and wanted a bit of advice:

The car will only be a weekend car, and not used on the track: should I get manual or F1 gears?

Should I go for the Spider?

Are there any major weaknesses, quality issues or frailties to this car?

DerekC
06-03-2007, 01:26 AM
I've got 2. Both are 2005's and I have one of each transmission and both are coupes. I honestly like the manual better as you can feel the car more through the stick when driving it. I will say its also a lot of fun driving the F1 though as its shifts are pretty fast but it HATES traffic and hills. If I were to trade one for another it would definatly be the F1 coupe traded for an F1 Spyder. Good luck with your choice. By the way I have a red and a yellow and both colors are great.

Cameron
06-12-2007, 12:11 PM
Since you said you aren't tracking it.

You don't need 100 ms shift times, plus a manual is so damn fun.

A well executed down shift in a manual will make you feel so much better than pulling the paddle, even though that in it self is pretty fun.

It's up to you, you'll get more props from the other tifosi if you have a 6 speed though.

joea2
06-27-2007, 04:22 PM
I've got a 2006 F1 Spider and I love it! I was concerned about the F1, but it is great! You can't go wrong.
Resale is probably better with the F1.http://forums1.roadfly.org/preferences/showsigimage.php?img=41339[IMG]

joelamiller
11-24-2008, 05:51 AM
the F1 holds up in value much better. it is a 10K option, but you get that back on resale. the manual tranny is MUCH harder to sell on the secondary market. over 90% of 430's have the 430, and for a good reason. much more fun to drive. i am a converted manual shifter and will never go back!

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index