Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : 83 tranny jamed in reverse. Help!!.

john b
05-20-2001, 07:27 PM
I bought an83 320i with the tranny stuck in reverse.<br>the shifter bushing is worn and the tranny looks like it was out.<br>new bolts here and there and the cat pipe was cut and welded.<br>anyhoo- any tips on a fix? or should I just replace<br>it with a bone yard one?<br>john

alan
05-21-2001, 05:23 AM
Those 5 speeds are easy enough to find, and it sounds like the one in your car has seen better days. Be sure when you have it out to replace the bushings on the shift plate and shift linkage, and check the condition of the clutch components. Never want to have a clutch go out right after you've done all that work.<br>-alan<br>83 320i<br>79 320i

matt
05-21-2001, 12:16 PM
<i><br>I bought an83 320i with the tranny stuck in reverse.<br>the shifter bushing is worn and the tranny looks like it was out.<br>new bolts here and there and the cat pipe was cut and welded.<br>anyhoo- any tips on a fix? or should I just replace<br>it with a bone yard one?<br>john<p></i><br>I would just replace it with a bone yard one.<br>If you wan't a 4 spead Iv got 1. Just E-mail me and I will give you a price<br>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index