Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Spacers

Eric D-J
05-21-2001, 11:11 PM
I ordered a new set of rims that will be here in 2-3 days. I ordered 15x7 TSW Hockenheim R's in a 20mm offset. Tires.com / Discounttiredirect.com where I ordered the rims and tires says I won't need a spacer. However TSW says in a case by case basis that I may need a 1/8th spacer. I want to locate some ahead of time as I am hoping to install shocks, springs and bushings in a close proximity. H&R has a quality spacer but the smallest they have is 5mm. If anyone knows of a quality spacer that bolts on correctly and will cause no vibration or problems let me know.

John Gilson
05-21-2001, 11:48 PM
Save your money, Ireland Engineering has what you need.

Eric D-J
05-22-2001, 12:24 AM
I was on their site before you posted, your message still confuses me. I am looking for my secret decoder ring to go back to see if I missed what you are trying to tell me.<br><i><br>Save your money, Ireland Engineering has what you need.<p></i><br>

John Gilson
05-22-2001, 01:17 AM
Ireland Engineering has 1/8" spacers for like $25. The H&R spacers are very expensive.

Eric D-J
05-22-2001, 03:40 AM
My decoder ring reads that clearly. Thanks<br><i><br>Ireland Engineering has 1/8" spacers for like $25. The H&R spacers are very expensive.<p></i><br>

Eric D-J
05-22-2001, 04:19 AM
Well $35 for a pair. But does anyone know if I will need them for just the front or for the back also? Will a 1/8 spacer cause me to need new lugnuts and locks?<br><i><br>Ireland Engineering has 1/8" spacers for like $25. The H&R spacers are very expensive.<br></i><br>

Justice320is
05-22-2001, 12:06 PM
Call discount tire and request the spacers from them. Since you are buying the rims and tires from them the spacers are free. My hock's only rubbed when turning; from the tierods. Get the spacers.<br><i><br>I ordered a new set of rims that will be here in 2-3 days. I ordered 15x7 TSW Hockenheim R's in a 20mm offset. Tires.com / Discounttiredirect.com where I ordered the rims and tires says I won't need a spacer. However TSW says in a case by case basis that I may need a 1/8th spacer. I want to locate some ahead of time as I am hoping to install shocks, springs and bushings in a close proximity. H&R has a quality spacer but the smallest they have is 5mm. If anyone knows of a quality spacer that bolts on correctly and will cause no vibration or problems let me know.<p></i><br>

Eric D-J
05-22-2001, 12:10 PM
I asked them like you told me in the email a while back and they acted like they don't even have them anymore.`

alan
05-22-2001, 01:01 PM
The backs can handle a lot of offset, I'm running 35mm on there now with no spacers, it's the front that's trouble. You might need new lugs and bolts, but that will depend on how long your old ones were for your other wheels. If they don't fit, you can get lugstuds a lot of places, just be sure they're STRONG.<br>-alan<br>83 320i<br>79 320i

Justice320is
05-22-2001, 02:04 PM
Hey Eric,<br>I'll check for a part number or something tonight in my files to see if I can help. So you won't end up embarrased with nice Hock's and rubbing tierods.<br><i><br>I asked them like you told me in the email a while back and they acted like they don't even have them anymore.`<p></i><br>

Eric D-J
05-22-2001, 02:24 PM
I am replacing rods and all my bushings after getting these 16's off the car. Thanks. I did email them and asked one more time before ups picks the rims and tires up from them this morning<br>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index