Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Well, the motor's in and running.

dave
05-25-2001, 12:44 PM
I said that I would post the progress on my rotary power upgrade on my 77 320i. The motor went in heaps easier than I thought it would, I had an engineer fab up new engine mounts for me, and apart from that all that needed to be spec built was a new tail shaft. All that's left to do now is to build a new instrument cluster from the RX7 dash that'll fit in place of the original instruments, the computer needs to read info from the speedo, tacho and from the trip computer, and I have to do a major brake upgrade, which I will be doing to the letter of Alan's suggestions to me last week, thanks buddy. I hope to have the car back on the road in the next seven days because I have to go back to work on monday week. Will post photos next week and if all goes to plan I should have some dyno figures and quarter mile times. If anyone else wants an affordable and extremely powerful engine upgrade i'd be happy to give you the full details including all measurments. The whole project, fingers crossed, is going to come in at under $3000, but it would cost heaps more to get someone to do it for you, two of us put in about sixty hours last week, so the labour cost would be massive. Oh yeah, i got the coolest personalized plates for it to, IEATV8, that and the cut and shut 313b badge on the back will get a few people thinking.<p>Cheers all<br>Dave<br>RX313b, formerly '77 320i

RDAvena
05-25-2001, 05:30 PM
<i><br>GOOD LUCK<br></i>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index