Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Paul
05-26-2001, 06:22 PM
I need advice on a good shop in the Chicagoland area that specializes in early 80's BMW's. The front driver and passenger seats have a tear in the vinyl portion on the side. Can this be repaired or do the seats need to be replaced? I may just put seat covers, on but a lot on the market look hidious. Any advice on understated seat covers? I saw neoporene ones that look like they are hand made but I cannot imagine sitting on wetsuit material. They seem to look pretty good. What would the longevity be like on neoprene? Any recommendations on other materials or manufacturers that are good? Option 3 would be to find nice Recaros on eBay for a reasonable price...and that's not going to happen! Thanks in advance.

Klaus
05-26-2001, 11:39 PM
I have never been fond of seat covers in a bimmer. However there is exceptions taking into consideration just how bad the seats in this car are. I would look on Ebay for a pair of recaros, or maybe visit some junkyards or use the seats as they are till you can afford to recover them I think that seat covers do not make a car look original.<p>Just my .02 <p>Klaus<br>81 320is<br><i><br>I need advice on a good shop in the Chicagoland area that specializes in early 80's BMW's. The front driver and passenger seats have a tear in the vinyl portion on the side. Can this be repaired or do the seats need to be replaced? I may just put seat covers, on but a lot on the market look hidious. Any advice on understated seat covers? I saw neoporene ones that look like they are hand made but I cannot imagine sitting on wetsuit material. They seem to look pretty good. What would the longevity be like on neoprene? Any recommendations on other materials or manufacturers that are good? Option 3 would be to find nice Recaros on eBay for a reasonable price...and that's not going to happen! Thanks in advance.<p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index