Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

John B
05-28-2001, 10:20 AM
how is the best way to suport the rear of the engine<br>so I can pull the tranny?<br>the tranny has been out and some jackass dented the pan the last time.<br>thanks for your help<br>john <br>I sure wish I could find a Bentley book.

harold page
05-28-2001, 04:09 PM
<i><br>how is the best way to suport the rear of the engine<br>so I can pull the tranny?<br>the tranny has been out and some jackass dented the pan the last time.<br>thanks for your help<br>john <br>I sure wish I could find a Bentley book.<p>JOHN B,<br>True, you need to take care and support the engine<br>when removing the trans. I always use a homemade<br>wooden jackstand, which is nothing more than some<br>wooden 2X4s nailed together. The engine can be<br>allowed to drop some, but not much. It is difficult to get a standard jackstand in there to<br>work with, thats why i use the wood. Just get your saw and be creative. Good luck, ALSO, you<br>may be tempted to place a small block of wood<br>between the head and the firewall. I did this<br>once and it worked fine, just be careful..<p>HAROLD<br></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index