Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Might Be Dead. TARFU

RDAvena
05-31-2001, 11:42 AM
so this happened about five weeks ago when some airhead decided to jump three lanes of traffic so as to get into a left turn lane unbeknownst my wife was in that very same lane in our 00 Ram. So an accident ensued and it had to go to the shop. The weekend when her car was in the shop she borrowed my 320i and here is the kicker, while at a stop light she was rear ended by some bastard in a wrangler that just decided to drive off. Good thing for UIM/NIM insurance. After haggling with the insurance company and finally getting the approval for the body work, the body shop guy tells me that it might have to be totaled due to "parts availability". Talk about a kick in the pants. Actual damage was Trunk lid-teaked off line with asstd dings, rear valence panel-pushed in, taillights -survived, lock mech-FUBAR. lEt you know what happens.

G
05-31-2001, 12:15 PM
I was rear ended 6 months ago. they totaled my car and I bought it back for $300. I fixed it, painted the whole car, and put new 16" wheels on it. Granted, I have an auto mechanic and body shop, But, parts are readily available and very easy to find.

RDAvena
05-31-2001, 12:36 PM

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index