Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : HELP Stalling problem!

Joe Gallo
06-02-2001, 08:30 PM
Hi all: I need you ideas and thoughts!<br>My car stalls under light loads. Someone thought it was corrison on the ballast terminal. Where and what is that?<p>New plugs, wires, rotors, fuel filter, pump and accumulator and new fuel module in the fuse box.<p>Thanks<p>Joe Gallo<br>323i //M Orange and many mods<p>

Mark
06-02-2001, 11:37 PM
I might be wronbg but I think the coil is sometimes called a ballast, because the coil affects the balance of voltage and amperage, like a ships ballast balances the weight of the boat with the weight of the water displaced by the hull.<p>My edumacated guess,\<p>Mark<br>

Joe Gallo
06-03-2001, 12:15 PM
<i><br>Thanks Mark,<p>I am going to replace the Ballast/ coil.<br>Any other ideas that are causing this stalling problem.<p>Joe

henry
06-05-2001, 09:58 PM
Your troubleshooting description wasn't too specific, but I had a stalling prob (just stalled out of nowhere). Turns out, a hose to my Aux. air valve was severely cracked.<p><i><p>Thanks Mark,<p>I am going to replace the Ballast/ coil.<br>Any other ideas that are causing this stalling problem.<p>Joe<p></i><br>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index