Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Jack Ralston
02-02-2000, 11:25 PM
My '85 735 has been doing some rather random things lately as far as temerature control. Even when set on the highest temperature, the heater sometimes will behave as though it has gotten the temperature up to that set with only lukewarm air out of the vents, even though it is still cool (cold!) in the car. This does not happen all the time, however, and I haven't been able to detect a pattern as of yet. Any one seen this before? By the way thanks to the person who set me straight on the hard door shutting solution requested a while back (replace little plastic caps on door latch)TIA!

Grant
02-04-2000, 07:47 PM
<i>: My '85 735 has been doing some rather random things lately as far as temerature control. Even when set on the highest temperature, the heater sometimes will behave as though it has gotten the temperature up to that set with only lukewarm air out of the vents, even though it is still cool (cold!) in the car. This does not happen all the time, however, and I haven't been able to detect a pattern as of yet. Any one seen this before? By the way thanks to the person who set me straight on the hard door shutting solution requested a while back (replace little plastic caps on door latch)TIA!<p></i><p>Check to be sure you have a good supply of vacuum at all times. The flap controls and the heater valve use vacuum as the source to move the levers, etc. Check you electric vacuum pump to be sure it is in operation. If all of that checks out then a look at the temperature control may be in order.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index