Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Scott
02-03-2000, 10:14 PM
Hello,<br>Are the mounts for my '82 difficult to install? I still get a vibration (slight though) while accelerating. I have replaced the drive shaft with a new rebuilt unit as well as a new center bearing. Just troubleshooting some vib's. Any thoughts???<br>Thank you for any help.....<p>Scott<br>'82 733i<br>224K/auto<br>Alpine white<br>Boerne, Texas

Callan
02-05-2000, 09:28 AM
The trans mounts are easy, use a jack to lift the trans up while you change them. The engine mounts are harder, esp the left/drivers side. Work the rht side first, and use a jack on the safest portion of the engine that you can work with to support it and raise it enough to allow the R&R of the mounts on either side. I usually use the A/C comp as a "base" to support the engine, but this is on a rack with a screwjack underneath and not on the ground, which will be harder.

Scott
02-07-2000, 11:58 AM
<i>: The trans mounts are easy, use a jack to lift the trans up while you change them. The engine mounts are harder, esp the left/drivers side. Work the rht side first, and use a jack on the safest portion of the engine that you can work with to support it and raise it enough to allow the R&R of the mounts on either side. I usually use the A/C comp as a "base" to support the engine, but this is on a rack with a screwjack underneath and not on the ground, which will be harder. <p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index