Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

sam brown
02-16-2000, 08:34 PM
What is this? the neighbor has one, it says ALPINA on the left and then 745i on the right, big ugly 17" rims (some deviant of the softline with a big round center hole), lowered and body kit.<p>Anyone ever heard of this?<p>is it real or fake?<br>

smb
02-17-2000, 04:22 PM
<i>: What is this? the neighbor has one, it says ALPINA on the left and then 745i on the right, big ugly 17" rims (some deviant of the softline with a big round center hole), lowered and body kit.<p>: Anyone ever heard of this?<p>: is it real or fake?<p></i><p>Alpina does aftermarket conversion for BMWs. They are most famous for twin turbo chargers. They do a cool conversion for the 525. And yes they typically put big wheels on 'em and lower the body. If it's a true Alpina, the car kicks @ss.

WH
02-17-2000, 09:55 PM
<i>: What is this? the neighbor has one, it says ALPINA on the left and then 745i on the right, big ugly 17" rims (some deviant of the softline with a big round center hole), lowered and body kit.<p>: Anyone ever heard of this?<p>: is it real or fake?<p></i><p>If the car is a "true" Alpina it will have a special chassis plate screwed to the dash with an Alpina car number. The 17" wheels would definately NOT be stock as Alpina at the time of the 745 only offered wheels in the 16" size. Look closely, the wheels should say Alpina on them.<p>Why don't you ask the owner to show you his "baby" and see how much has really been done by Alpina.<p>WH

Bob
02-17-2000, 11:48 PM
Write Alpina in Germany with your chassis number (VIN #). They will confirm or deny its authenticity.<p>In the very early '80's they DID produce one-offs for buyers of BMWs through their dealer network.<p>I own an e23 B9 Alpina that was verrified by the factory, but it does NOT have a Alpina number plate.<p>Bob

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index