Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : 8.5mm Magnecor Spark Plug Wires - Group Purchase

Den
03-04-2000, 02:55 AM
I'm putting together a group purchase of an 8.5mm Magnecor KV85 race wire set which, according to their application list, fits basically anything with an M30 engine. Price is $80. <br>(See Magnecor.com link below...nice site with lots of info on wires in general and Magnecor wires in particular. 100% silicon jackets, etc., etc.)<p>E-mail me directly if interested: [email protected] <p>set #6565<br>82-92 633CSi/635CSi/730i/732i/733i/735i/745i/L7<p>*footnote 5 on the Magnecor.com site applications page says,<br>"...not supplied with inductive pickups that are used on late model engines(particularly, most engines with Motronic 1.3 system or higher.) <br>Please inquire if your engine has one."<br>(My guess is that they'll tell you to reuse the pickup if you have one.<br>I'm checking on this.)<p>*footnote 6 says that the 7mm wires "...fit through the stock wire retainer easiest..." <br>However, only the 8.5mm and 10mm wires feature Magnecor's best technology. I'm going for the 8.5mm;<br> so I'm basically planning to ditch the stock retainer and, if the wires are too close to the exhaust manifold, use high-temp zip ties (from www.JEGS.com) called "TuffTies" to retain them.<p>Below is a recent posting from bimmer.org about these wires.<p>Den<br>'87 535is<p>Re: 533i Ignition Wire Life Expectancy <br>--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br>(archive link: http://www.bimmer.org/e28/messages/archive/msgsy2000w06/10800.html)<br>Posted by Paul on February 10, 2000 at 21:50:09:<p>In Reply to: Re: 533i Ignition Wire Life Expectancy posted by MIKE on February 10, 2000 at 07:30:02:<p>(posted from: hoya.cwusa.com (146.135.27.10))<br>Hi Mike,<br>Igintion is very important in the BMW world - especially Motronic. I just upgraded to Magnacor 8.5MM race wires - LIFETIME warrenty!!!!<br>Strickly made for race car application. These will rival NOLOGY wires which Rocky Mountain Motor sports sells for $279.00 These will make your car run better - better response <br>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index