Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Aaron
03-06-2000, 07:53 PM
Can someone tell me where to two fuel lines coming off the fuel rail are supposed to go...the 2 i'm referring to are on the left towards the passager compartment when looking at the rail from the passanger side...the one on far left comes out the top, the next one out the bottom....like a dumbass, i didnt label them when i took it apart...thanks -Aaron

Grant
03-06-2000, 10:38 PM
<i>: Can someone tell me where to two fuel lines coming off the fuel rail are supposed to go...the 2 i'm referring to are on the left towards the passager compartment when looking at the rail from the passanger side...the one on far left comes out the top, the next one out the bottom....like a dumbass, i didnt label them when i took it apart...thanks -Aaron<p></i><p>The one on the far left is the fuel line in from the filter/outside pump and the one out the bottom between #4 and #5 injector is the hose to the cold start "injector" which is lower down and faces the intake manifold. Hope this helps.

Aaron
03-07-2000, 07:47 PM
OK - thanks...the one on the far right is??...

Grant
03-11-2000, 08:28 PM
<i>: OK - thanks...the one on the far right is??...<p></i><p>The outlet on the right (on the front of the engine) is the return fuel line back to the tank. First the fuel must pass through the fuel pressure regulator, black round item with vacuum hose on the top. Then out the regulator and back to the fuel tank.

Aaron
03-12-2000, 12:53 PM
That's what i figured...Thanks for the help..PS Is it common to have a device (filter perhaps) tied in after the regulator on the way back to the tank? I have a small silver thing that i assume is a filter tied into the line that i think goes to (from) the regulator....It says Wahler(spelling?) on it...does that sound correct?

Grant
03-19-2000, 01:33 PM
<i>: That's what i figured...Thanks for the help..PS Is it common to have a device (filter perhaps) tied in after the regulator on the way back to the tank? I have a small silver thing that i assume is a filter tied into the line that i think goes to (from) the regulator....It says Wahler(spelling?) on it...does that sound correct?<p></i><p>No, not a filter. There should be one on the inlet fuel line just before the fuel rail and then the one on the outlet line which feeds fuel back to the tank. There is one of these on the inlet to the outside fuel pump. I have heard different stories on these devices, one of them is that they reduce air in the line. Maybe so and then maybe not so. Possiblility of the experts on this board can tell us.

Aaron
03-19-2000, 04:43 PM
Yeah, i looked inside, it looks like some kind of valve maybe...yes there are 2 of them....anyone???

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index