Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Valdez
03-06-2000, 08:48 PM
I just replaced my brakes 1000 miles ago i started hearing this grinding noise from the front at about 500 miles i inspected and lightly roughned the surface of the new rotor the noise went away and now at 1000 miles it came back even worse i checked it out nothing looks wrong it sounds like metal to metal i cant figure it out the pads are semi metalic would that have any thing to do with it it also pulls a little to the side that makes more noise only sometimes it pulls HELP! any ideas I love my car i dont want to get rid of it.

sean
03-07-2000, 06:57 AM
<i>: I just replaced my brakes 1000 miles ago i started hearing this grinding noise from the front at about 500 miles i inspected and lightly roughned the surface of the new rotor the noise went away and now at 1000 miles it came back even worse i checked it out nothing looks wrong it sounds like metal to metal i cant figure it out the pads are semi metalic would that have any thing to do with it it also pulls a little to the side that makes more noise only sometimes it pulls HELP! any ideas I love my car i dont want to get rid of it. <p></i>Did all the pistons move freely when you pushed them into the calipers? You may have a piston that's not pushing out as far as it ought to and not pressing on the pad evenly. <br>Did you bleed the brakes? Inside bleeder first, outside second.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index