Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket exhaust

nosnay
03-09-2000, 11:45 PM
Anyone have an aftermarket exhaust on E23?? any experience with B&B, supersprint, borla, remus, etc.?? please reply with any opinion or comment. Thank you!

Korby
03-10-2000, 11:45 AM
<i>: Anyone have an aftermarket exhaust on E23?? any experience with B&B, supersprint, borla, remus, etc.?? please reply with any opinion or comment. Thank you!<p></i>

Korby
03-10-2000, 11:47 AM
I replaced my 85 735i exhaust with Bosal. It's not a performance system, but works well so far.<p><i>: : Anyone have an aftermarket exhaust on E23?? any experience with B&B, supersprint, borla, remus, etc.?? please reply with any opinion or comment. Thank you!<p></i>

Grant
03-10-2000, 03:43 PM
<i>: I replaced my 85 735i exhaust with Bosal. It's not a performance system, but works well so far.<p>: : : Anyone have an aftermarket exhaust on E23?? any experience with B&B, supersprint, borla, remus, etc.?? please reply with any opinion or comment. Thank you!<p></i><p>What did you replace? Everything from the "cat" on back? Did you do the work? Or did you have a shop do the work? Is the tail pipe dual outlets? Would you give me an idea of what it cost? Thanks for your response.

sean
03-10-2000, 05:39 PM
<i>: I replaced my 85 735i exhaust with Bosal. It's not a performance system, but works well so far.<p>: : : Anyone have an aftermarket exhaust on E23?? any experience with B&B, supersprint, borla, remus, etc.?? please reply with any opinion or comment. Thank you!<p></i>I also have a bosal from the cat back. It was on the car when I bought it. It shows no signs of rust and is quiet. The fit is good but since I didn't install it I don't know if it had to be worked into place. Looks like all good factory bends to me, though. I will probably try an ANSA when this one goes ($139 for a 733i) even though they usually blow through in a year and a half...

Eric
03-10-2000, 07:30 PM
<i>: Anyone have an aftermarket exhaust on E23?? any experience with B&B, supersprint, borla, remus, etc.?? please reply with any opinion or comment. Thank you!<p>If you are looking at a free flow exhaust, you don't have many choices...B&B, Stebro are the ones that come to mind. A friend of mind has B&B and it is a little loud and he had some fittment problems. I have been told the quality isn't great either considering what you pay, but he hasn't had problems yet.<p>If you want a free-flow, just get a muffler shop to custom make one, going 2 into 1 after the cat and then using a 2.5 or 2.75 inch pipe. Best to have a resonator in the middle and a turbo muffler in back. Works pretty well.

nosnay
03-11-2000, 12:03 AM
<i>: : Anyone have an aftermarket exhaust on E23?? any experience with B&B, supersprint, borla, remus, etc.?? please reply with any opinion or comment. Thank you!<p>: If you are looking at a free flow exhaust, you don't have many choices...B&B, Stebro are the ones that come to mind. A friend of mind has B&B and it is a little loud and he had some fittment problems. I have been told the quality isn't great either considering what you pay, but he hasn't had problems yet.<p>: If you want a free-flow, just get a muffler shop to custom make one, going 2 into 1 after the cat and then using a 2.5 or 2.75 inch pipe. Best to have a resonator in the middle and a turbo muffler in back. Works pretty well.<p></i><br>Does the 2 into 1 pipe after the cat. cause increase back pressure?? since the oem exhaust is two in two out?? <br>

Eric
03-11-2000, 12:41 AM
<i>: : : Anyone have an aftermarket exhaust on E23?? any experience with B&B, supersprint, borla, remus, etc.?? please reply with any opinion or comment. Thank you!<p>: : If you are looking at a free flow exhaust, you don't have many choices...B&B, Stebro are the ones that come to mind. A friend of mind has B&B and it is a little loud and he had some fittment problems. I have been told the quality isn't great either considering what you pay, but he hasn't had problems yet.<p>: : If you want a free-flow, just get a muffler shop to custom make one, going 2 into 1 after the cat and then using a 2.5 or 2.75 inch pipe. Best to have a resonator in the middle and a turbo muffler in back. Works pretty well.<p>: <br>: Does the 2 into 1 pipe after the cat. cause increase back pressure?? since the oem exhaust is two in two out?? <p>Not if the work is done correctly. The 2.5" pipe has enough capacity to handle the exhaust, I think the dual outputs from the cat are only 1.25 or 1.5" each. I have this setup on my '84 733i with no problems.

thank you!(eom)
03-11-2000, 12:46 AM
<i>: : : : Anyone have an aftermarket exhaust on E23?? any experience with B&B, supersprint, borla, remus, etc.?? please reply with any opinion or comment. Thank you!<p>: : : If you are looking at a free flow exhaust, you don't have many choices...B&B, Stebro are the ones that come to mind. A friend of mind has B&B and it is a little loud and he had some fittment problems. I have been told the quality isn't great either considering what you pay, but he hasn't had problems yet.<p>: : : If you want a free-flow, just get a muffler shop to custom make one, going 2 into 1 after the cat and then using a 2.5 or 2.75 inch pipe. Best to have a resonator in the middle and a turbo muffler in back. Works pretty well.<p>: : <br>: : Does the 2 into 1 pipe after the cat. cause increase back pressure?? since the oem exhaust is two in two out?? <p>: Not if the work is done correctly. The 2.5" pipe has enough capacity to handle the exhaust, I think the dual outputs from the cat are only 1.25 or 1.5" each. I have this setup on my '84 733i with no problems.<p></i>

BTRAUB
03-11-2000, 06:40 AM
<i>: : I replaced my 85 735i exhaust with Bosal. It's not a performance system, but works well so far.<p>: : : : Anyone have an aftermarket exhaust on E23?? any experience with B&B, supersprint, borla, remus, etc.?? please reply with any opinion or comment. Thank you!<p><br>: What did you replace? Everything from the "cat" on back? Did you do the work? Or did you have a shop do the work? Is the tail pipe dual outlets? Would you give me an idea of what it cost? Thanks for your response.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index