Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : illumination

brt
03-21-2000, 04:51 PM
Are the rotating control wheels for the temp. and fan speed supposed to be illuminated? Mine are not. Also should the window switches etc. be lit up as well. Thank you.

Sean
03-21-2000, 05:58 PM
<i>: Are the rotating control wheels for the temp. and fan speed supposed to be illuminated? Mine are not. Also should the window switches etc. be lit up as well. Thank you.<p></i>Go to Callans unofficial page and click on repairs - thumbwheel:<br>www.bimmer.org/links/jump.cgi?id=63<p>How do you do that cool thing where you just click on the address and it takes you there?<br>

PM
03-22-2000, 10:14 AM
<br>: How do you do that cool thing where you just click on the address and it takes you there?<p>Paste your link into the blank that says Optional Link URL. You can even mask it behind a sentence by typing one in the blank that says Link Title.<p>PM

sean
03-22-2000, 06:24 PM
<i>: <br>: : How do you do that cool thing where you just click on the address and it takes you there?<p>: Paste your link into the blank that says Optional Link URL. You can even mask it behind a sentence by typing one in the blank that says Link Title.<p>: PM<p></i>

Callan
03-23-2000, 11:40 PM
There are about 5 or six bulbs hidden inside the '82-'87 heater panel. The two right above each wheel light it up via a prism set-up. <br>When I service these assemblies, I replace all the bulbs unless any are really new. The filaments don't take much handling before they break. <br>1.2 watt bayonet style bulbs.<p>1986 is the year that the internal lighted window switches came out. You can retrofit them to earlier cars. They'll either drop right in from '82 on or you'll have to add a wire for light powering[a jumper wire] right at the connector for the window switch. <br>I modified my first Seven, an '80 733i to work with the lighted switches, since it had the really plain, non-lighted style. The original switch had no detent or raised portion for either direction, made night-time use very hard as you were fumbling around.<p>Keep threatening to modify my '94 Range Rover to accept a later lighted switch too.

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index