Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

kevin
03-21-2000, 10:15 PM
<i>I have a 733i (1983). I replaced the rotor and plugs and the car started back up and was running fine...but was idling a litte rough...then I went to start it again after stopping at a store and it wouldn't start. So, I replaced the distributor cap and again it started but was idling very rough like it wasn't firing on all cylinders.Then it wouldn't start once again. All the plugs and the ignition coil are firing so it's getting spark and it's getting fuel...I'm in need of some help...possibly a timing issue??? Any help would be much appreciated.<br></i>

Grant
03-22-2000, 09:24 AM
<i>: I have a 733i (1983). I replaced the rotor and plugs and the car started back up and was running fine...but was idling a litte rough...then I went to start it again after stopping at a store and it wouldn't start. So, I replaced the distributor cap and again it started but was idling very rough like it wasn't firing on all cylinders.Then it wouldn't start once again. All the plugs and the ignition coil are firing so it's getting spark and it's getting fuel...I'm in need of some help...possibly a timing issue??? Any help would be much appreciated.<p></i><p>Thank back on what you may have unpluged or removed to get at the plugs and the rotor/cap. Check each connection to be sure that they are secure and making contact. Changing the plugs could possibility cause rough idle, but not starting may be something else. Is the high voltage coil wire secure? Let us know what you find.

Grant
03-22-2000, 09:24 AM
<i>: I have a 733i (1983). I replaced the rotor and plugs and the car started back up and was running fine...but was idling a litte rough...then I went to start it again after stopping at a store and it wouldn't start. So, I replaced the distributor cap and again it started but was idling very rough like it wasn't firing on all cylinders.Then it wouldn't start once again. All the plugs and the ignition coil are firing so it's getting spark and it's getting fuel...I'm in need of some help...possibly a timing issue??? Any help would be much appreciated.<p></i><p>Thank back on what you may have unpluged or removed to get at the plugs and the rotor/cap. Check each connection to be sure that they are secure and making contact. Changing the plugs could possibility cause rough idle, but not starting may be something else. Is the high voltage coil wire secure? Let us know what you find.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index