Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Darius
03-21-2000, 10:57 PM
Hello all. My windshield washer fluid container has a smaller container sitting on top of it marked "concentrated cleaner." Whenever I use my washer system, it only sucks from the smaller container (quite quickly, might I add). It only takes a few uses to empty this little container. I then get the wiper fluid "Check" light, meanwhile, my main container is still full. I looked at all of the hoses and connections and they seem to be hooked up alright---unless they're hooked up wrong and I just don't know it. It's not a major issue, just annoying...like a nagging little recurring toothache. I would like to use the rest of the washer fluid before having to fill up that little jug again. Can anyone offer suggestions?<br>Thanks,<p>Darius in Dallas<br>'86 735iA named "Rosie"

Grant
03-22-2000, 09:38 AM
<i>: Hello all. My windshield washer fluid container has a smaller container sitting on top of it marked "concentrated cleaner." Whenever I use my washer system, it only sucks from the smaller container (quite quickly, might I add). It only takes a few uses to empty this little container. I then get the wiper fluid "Check" light, meanwhile, my main container is still full. I looked at all of the hoses and connections and they seem to be hooked up alright---unless they're hooked up wrong and I just don't know it. It's not a major issue, just annoying...like a nagging little recurring toothache. I would like to use the rest of the washer fluid before having to fill up that little jug again. Can anyone offer suggestions?<br>: Thanks,<p>: Darius in Dallas<br>: '86 735iA named "Rosie" <p></i><p>Are you pushing or pulling on the lever to start the pump? Pushing causes the "small tank" pump to run for a few seconds and pulling causes the "large tank" pump to run as long as you pull on the lever. If you pull and nothing happens then check the large tank pump. It is possible that the hoses to the pumps are crossed over, check for that.

Darius
03-22-2000, 10:11 AM
<i>: Are you pushing or pulling on the lever to start the pump? Pushing causes the "small tank" pump to run for a few seconds and pulling causes the "large tank" pump to run as long as you pull on the lever. If you pull and nothing happens then check the large tank pump. It is possible that the hoses to the pumps are crossed over, check for that.<p>I didn't know what the diffeerence was between push & pull. Nothing happens either way,though both pumps seem to be working so I'll try playing with the hoses. Thanx.<br></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index