Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Mike
03-23-2000, 03:38 AM
I am repainting my artic blue 735i, what color should I paint it or repaint it?? please give input and opinion? thank you!<br>

another dave
03-23-2000, 09:58 AM
Recently repainted my Arctisblau '84 745 the same color using Sikkens paints. Perfect match to the door jams and other hidden areas. Take a good look at the original color (remove the top panel on the trunk lid to see the color in all its glory). I'll bet that you will be shocked at the difference between the protected paint and the exterior. The original color is a deep, rich, metalic blue which in my case had faded to a silvery light blue (not to mention the clear coat had failed). I hadn't really realized how much it had faded in the 10 years I'd owned the car before I began stripping off trim for the repaint.<p>Articsblau is beautiful. Don't change it. Not to mention it will cost a fortune to respray all the jams, undersides, trunks, engine compartment, etc.<p>Another Dave

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index