Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Paul
03-27-2000, 01:21 PM
I have two new hood emblems for the 86 I just purchased. How do I put these on? Any help is appreciated. <p>Thanks<p>Paul<br>

Darius
03-27-2000, 05:32 PM
</i>The emblems just pull off and push on. They're held snugly in place by two black plastic 'grommets' that slide over the pins on the back of each emblem. They should be replaced along with the emblems. The grommets cost about a buck apiece at the BMW dealership.

CN
03-27-2000, 09:10 PM
Hi,<p>I replaced mine 2 years ago. Use dental floss to go underneath the old emblem as the old stuff can be sticky. Don't pry it with a screwdriver as this can chip the paint.<br>Use mastik (the same stuff that you seal around the window in the winter as it is pliable and can handle the extreme temperatures) under the new emblem to avoid rattles. It just snaps on.<p>It has worked great for me in Chicago.<p>Take care.<p>CN<p><i>: The emblems just pull off and push on. They're held snugly in place by two black plastic 'grommets' that slide over the pins on the back of each emblem. They should be replaced along with the emblems. The grommets cost about a buck apiece at the BMW dealership.<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index