Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem with water leakage

Soko
03-27-2000, 02:53 PM
I first noticed this two weeks ago. After a long drive with a car full of my friends one of them dropped a box of chocolate chip cookies all over the back floor. When I was cleaning it out, I noticed that the rear carpets were soggy. I pulled back the carpets and saw some cracking in the floor, and noticed that the gray material under the carpet was waterlogged, so I assume that is where the water is coming from. Two days later, I noticed water dripping very slowly from the middle of the right rear floorpan onto my garage floor. I couldn't trace the exact source of the drip, since the undercoating is intact and made pinpointing the leak difficult. I noticed that there are a few cracks in the floor when I pulled back the carpet, not long cracks but a few cracked areas, about 2" in diameter, mostly where the floor is contoured.<br>How do I go about repairing this? I want to address the problem before the car starts to smell bad from the water. I have let it sit for a week and the water is still there. Is there some kind of patch kit that I can use or is this going to turn out to be a majorly expensive job? Please help! I want to keep my baby in good shape!<br>

John
03-27-2000, 04:21 PM
<i>: I first noticed this two weeks ago. After a long drive with a car full of my friends one of them dropped a box of chocolate chip cookies all over the back floor. When I was cleaning it out, I noticed that the rear carpets were soggy. I pulled back the carpets and saw some cracking in the floor, and noticed that the gray material under the carpet was waterlogged, so I assume that is where the water is coming from. Two days later, I noticed water dripping very slowly from the middle of the right rear floorpan onto my garage floor. I couldn't trace the exact source of the drip, since the undercoating is intact and made pinpointing the leak difficult. I noticed that there are a few cracks in the floor when I pulled back the carpet, not long cracks but a few cracked areas, about 2" in diameter, mostly where the floor is contoured.<br>: How do I go about repairing this? I want to address the problem before the car starts to smell bad from the water. I have let it sit for a week and the water is still there. Is there some kind of patch kit that I can use or is this going to turn out to be a majorly expensive job? Please help! I want to keep my baby in good shape!<p></i>

CN
03-27-2000, 09:14 PM
I think you have a sunroof.<br>The problem with my car was a block draining tube from the sunroof. I opened the lining a bit, disconnect the part where it joins the sunroof assembly, slide a long wire (from a coathannger) and the obstruction was clear.<p>(I tried forced air from the draining vent but no siccess so I resorted to this method, as long as you stich the lining back nicely).<p>Take care.<p>CN<p><i>: I first noticed this two weeks ago. After a long drive with a car full of my friends one of them dropped a box of chocolate chip cookies all over the back floor. When I was cleaning it out, I noticed that the rear carpets were soggy. I pulled back the carpets and saw some cracking in the floor, and noticed that the gray material under the carpet was waterlogged, so I assume that is where the water is coming from. Two days later, I noticed water dripping very slowly from the middle of the right rear floorpan onto my garage floor. I couldn't trace the exact source of the drip, since the undercoating is intact and made pinpointing the leak difficult. I noticed that there are a few cracks in the floor when I pulled back the carpet, not long cracks but a few cracked areas, about 2" in diameter, mostly where the floor is contoured.<br>: How do I go about repairing this? I want to address the problem before the car starts to smell bad from the water. I have let it sit for a week and the water is still there. Is there some kind of patch kit that I can use or is this going to turn out to be a majorly expensive job? Please help! I want to keep my baby in good shape!<p></i>

Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index