Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

David
05-28-2000, 09:49 AM
I have a 1988 735i. as soon as i turn the key to on or am running the car, the heater/AC blower fan goes on high. A few observations are, if i disconnect the blower speed switch from the dashboard, it continues to stay on high. I've removed the final stage unit, took the cover off to expose the circut board. On the circut board is a solinoid to activate the blower motor ultra high speed. When i switch the dial to ultra high, the solinoid activates and the motor steps up a notch, so that part seems to be working. If i disconnect the final stage unit, the blower motor stops. I suspect the problem may be in the final stage unit, but at a cost of around $700.00 i was wondering if anyone has seen this problem before and what thier solution was. Anyone got any ideas???????? thanks,<br> Dave

Callan
05-28-2000, 06:42 PM
rebuilt unit from Programa or someone like them who rebuild BMW electrical parts.<br>Programa 1-800-668-8843, in FL

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index