Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Gilberto J. Palau
05-29-2000, 05:32 PM
I recently aquired a 1985 BMW 735i, from my uncle. The car is in pretty good conditions, bt I do not know how to operate the trip computer nor I can find where the power steering oil goes. I woulad appreciate any help.<p>Gilberto

rafael robles
06-04-2000, 02:41 PM
<i>: I recently aquired a 1985 BMW 735i, from my uncle. The car is in pretty good conditions, bt I do not know how to operate the trip computer nor I can find where the power steering oil goes. I woulad appreciate any help.<p>: Gilberto<p></i>i have the exact same car. the power steering cylinder looks like a jar it might be a yellowish gold color it has a screw on cap . and u use regular tranmission fluid. i use dexron 3 tranny oil.

Unregistered
05-03-2011, 01:58 PM
I recently aquired a 1985 BMW 735i, from my uncle. The car is in pretty good conditions, bt I do not know how to operate the trip computer nor I can find where the power steering oil goes. I woulad appreciate any help.<p>Gilberto

the power steering oil go's in the round cylinder with a cone shaped top. there is a bolt in the center of cap unscrew the nut on the bolt and the cone shaped cap will come off, fill oil to the fill line on inside of cylinder. (on the left side of engine compartment behind fusw box)

my question is where doe the brake fluid go?

ROYinGA
05-10-2011, 05:58 PM
In the clear plastic horizontal tank on top of the mastercylinder. Unscrew the cap and there should be a strainer screen and float level under it to fill thru. The powersteering and power brake booster oil goes in the metal can reservoir. DON'T mix them up!

doc111054
06-30-2011, 11:37 AM
make sure you pump the brakes(motor not running) until the petal gets hard or you will over fill and ruin a seal somewhere.

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index