Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Aaron Greenberg
06-09-2000, 12:12 AM
<br>I'd like to clean the engine bay on my 745i. I'm not too keen on using the old "degreaser/pressure wash" method, as there are alot of electricals under the hood which I sure as hell don't want to short out! Does anyone have a good system for effectively sprucing up the engine bay that's safe? Thanks in advance!<p>Rgds,<br>Aaron G.<br>

J. Scott
06-09-2000, 07:59 AM
<i>:I use Simple Green. It works really well. You do need a good supply of rags.<p></i>

Will
06-09-2000, 11:06 AM
I use Simple Green. Spray on cold engine after covering intakes, wires, etc. with plastic garbage bags (use elastics). I wash everything with a regular garden hose on low-pressure spray. Works fine. ('86 735).

bill l
06-09-2000, 05:00 PM
Get yourself a few cans of brake cleaner, spray a sq. feet at a time then with a high pressure nozzle fitted to an air compresser you can simply blow everything off. aim down to spray on ground. and wash car afterwards to make sure you get anything that may have got on your paint. also wear eye protection.

Michael Ein
06-19-2000, 08:41 PM
<i>: <br>: I'd like to clean the engine bay on my 745i. I'm not too keen on using the old "degreaser/pressure wash" method, as there are alot of electricals under the hood which I sure as hell don't want to short out! Does anyone have a good system for effectively sprucing up the engine bay that's safe? Thanks in advance!<p>: Rgds,<br>: Aaron G.<p></i>Hi Aaron,<p>Here's a great site that will answer your question and tell you how to properly clean the rest of your car(s). http://www.carcareonline.com/clean_engines.html <p>I'm still on the fence about the '86 745i, as my friend/mechanic is afraid of working on the euro models.<p>Mike<p>'92 525ia<br>'97 Volvo 850 T-5

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index