Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Al Francis
06-09-2000, 04:34 PM
Just purchased used 733i. New to BMW autos.<p>1) Sun roof won't close and sems to be off track or binding. Left rear corner sags down. Any suggestions on how to re-adjust cables or roof on sliders?<p>2) Needs brake accumulator. Is this easy to replace? Do I need to bleed entire system? Best suppliers of discounted parts for acumulator and in general?<p>Thanks,<br>Al

smb@barrowtech.com
06-12-2000, 09:33 AM
<i>: Just purchased used 733i. New to BMW autos.<p>: 1) Sun roof won't close and sems to be off track or binding. Left rear corner sags down. Any suggestions on how to re-adjust cables or roof on sliders?<p>There are little chrome tabs that hold the roof in proper alignment. They are about half to three quarters of the way forward and are held down by two screws each. Open the the roof and look down from the outside, they are really the only think you can adjust.<p>: 2) Needs brake accumulator. Is this easy to replace? Do I need to bleed entire system? Best suppliers of discounted parts for acumulator and in general?<p>My accumulator has been bad for about 4 years. Mechanic says it can be replaced for about $100 - so I imagine it's not a very involved repair. It never bothered me that much - so I just never bothered to fix it.<p>Cheers,<br>smb

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index