Roadfly.com         Roadfly Home | Features | Car Review Videos | Car Reviews | Cars For Sale | Used Car Parts Classifieds | Forum | Car Review Archives | Forum Archives Index

PDA

Boomer
06-13-2000, 07:28 PM
I traced this humming sound (best way i can descrbe it)in the engine compartment to the small dia. hoses connected to heater control valve. If I crimp hoses the noise will stop. Is this a sign of my Heater valve going bad and if so can I keep the hoses crimped until I replace it? any special instructions for replacing. It looks pretty ez.<br> Thanks,Boomer 83 733i/A<p><p> <p><p><p><p><p>

Boomer
06-25-2000, 06:36 AM
<i>: I traced this humming sound (best way i can descrbe it)in the engine compartment to the small dia. hoses connected to heater control valve. If I crimp hoses the noise will stop. Is this a sign of my Heater valve going bad and if so can I keep the hoses crimped until I replace it? any special instructions for replacing. It looks pretty ez.<br>: Thanks,Boomer 83 733i/A<p><br>: <p></i>YES, It was .I had to replace heater valve and that solved my problem. Make sure you check your connections before you put everything back together.<br> Boomer

Roadfly Home | Car Reviews | Forum Archives Index